District Teacher Links

On Dvd & Streaming

Grant Thornton LLP
He married Bonnie May Deardorff on May 25, That being said, it's surprisingly still a fun movie to sit back and watch at least once. Donna was united in marriage on June 25, to Gene Thompson. Dates of attendance, awards received, degrees earned 7. Most issues can be resolved at this level. Cochran became close friends with King labelmate James Brown , whose stage show and road band influenced his own performing style and inspired him to assemble his own soul revue, the C.

5. Financial Aid Suspension:

FBIP Funded Projects

For more information, please visit www. State grants and other forms of financial assistance may be available for program applicants. If you are in Virginia, you are just 30 miles from a community college. Here are the community colleges closest to. College Locator Impact Newsroom.

Familiar Face to Take Charge at Lord Celebrated Valley Proteins Fellowships Awarded. Walmart Partners with Local Community Colleges on These two elite secret organizations must band together to defeat a common enemy. The story of Barry Seal, an American pilot who became a drug-runner for the CIA in the s in a clandestine operation that would be exposed as the Iran-Contra Affair. After returning to the criminal underworld to repay a debt, John Wick discovers that a large bounty has been put on his life.

After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail. A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius. An undercover MI6 agent is sent to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate the murder of a fellow agent and recover a missing list of double agents.

Jack Reacher must uncover the truth behind a major government conspiracy in order to clear his name. On the run as a fugitive from the law, Reacher uncovers a potential secret from his past that could change his life forever. An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that killed his dog and took everything from him.

When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny. After the death of his girlfriend at the hands of terrorists, Mitch Rapp is drawn into the world of counterterrorism, mentored by tough-as-nails former U. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage.

With his reputation in tatters after a painfully unsuccessful delivery of a distinguished Japanese client, former triple-A executive protection agent, Michael Bryce, two long years after the disgraceful incident, is now reduced to a mere second-class bodyguard for hire. Under those circumstances, Bryce would do anything to prove his worth once again, and as a result, it won't be long before he accepts an offer from Interpol to escort the renowned international assassin Darius Kincaid from Manchester to the Hague.

The task seems simple: Bryce only needs to transport the contract killer from point A to point B, nevertheless, Kincaid, as the only one with the guts and enough hard evidence to testify against a tyrannical Belarusian dictator, is an obvious target, while the trip to the Netherlands is long and hazardous.

Without a doubt, this is a race against the clock as the mismatched duo will have to put aside their grudges, in a non-stop concerto for bullets. Written by Nick Riganas.

I read some reviews that trashed this movie and I'm wondering if these are the same people that thought that Birdman worst movie ever was the best a couple of years ago. I get it and I understand why people are hating on this movie. The movie is violent, predictable and has a script that is full of foul mouth language. But the beauty of the movie experience is that when you walk into a theater, turn off your brain and enjoy this movie for what it is.

I laughed out loud and enjoyed this from beginning to end. Yes it is full of unrealistic stunts, bullet dodging and perfect aim by the "good guys" but that is what makes it enjoyable. The area is also rich in natural resources. Kilgore lies in the middle of what was once one of the most productive oil fields in the continental United States. Located four miles south of Interstate 20 on US Hwy.

KC-Longview, at S. High in Longview, also offers day and evening courses for college transfer, occupational education courses, and adult and continuing education courses.

Kilgore College offers courses in selected academic transfer, workforce, and adult and continuing education programs at area public schools. Kilgore College KC welcomes applications for admission. All other admissions information is available online or from the Office of Admissions and Registrar, Kilgore College, Broadway, Kilgore, TX , phone Individuals who do not enroll in the semester for which they applied will be required to complete a reactivation form or a new admissions application.

The college has an "open door" admission policy ensuring that all persons who can profit from post-secondary education will have an opportunity to enroll. Admission to the college does not imply admission to all programs. Applicants to any of the health occupations programs must meet special entrance requirements and complete an application form for the desired program. Specific requirements for these programs are explained under "Health Science Programs".

All materials required for admission to the college must be on file in the Office of Admissions and Registrar prior to registering for classes. Kilgore College encourages all applicants to start the admissions process early.

Students submitting applications and completing the admissions process by the respective admissions priority date can take full advantage of early registration opportunities. Students registering early are more likely to get the courses they desire on their preferred dates and times. Later applicants may find less flexibility in scheduling. Any reference to high school or college transcripts submitted for admission means that an official transcript is required. To be considered "official", transcripts must:.

All transcripts submitted become the property of KC and cannot be returned. Records of students who do not enroll may be destroyed after one year. Students who have a diploma from an accredited public or private high school; who have completed a nontraditional secondary education course of study in a non-accredited private school setting, including a home school; or who have successfully completed a Certificate of High School Equivalency formerly called the GED and who have attempted no college other than dual credit coursework must meet the following requirements:.

Kilgore College will not recognize a student as a high school graduate who has obtained a diploma through a school or online program that requires only payment of a fee with little or no coursework requirements.

Determination of the legitimacy of these diplomas will be at the discretion of the Office of Admissions and Registrar. Graduates of such programs will be considered for admission on an individual approval basis see Individual Approval section below. Students who are transferring from another college or university must meet the following requirements:.

Transfer students meeting the above requirements who are seeking a KC degree will be informed of the amount of credit which will transfer to Kilgore College as soon as possible and no later than the end of the first academic term in which they are enrolled. However, students seeking to transfer credit from non-regionally accredited institutions must submit a "petition for transfer credit" form.

Students must also furnish supporting documents to substantiate that the course outcomes and faculty credentials are equivalent to those of KC courses, as described in the form. Readmission is available to formerly enrolled students who have not enrolled in KC for one or more long semesters spring or fall term and who wish to return.

Students who have been away from KC for one long semester spring or fall term may submit a reactivation form available in the Office of Admissions and Registrar. Students who have been away from KC for more than one long semester must reapply for admission. Whether these students were forced to leave academic or disciplinary suspension or chose to leave, they must meet the following requirements:.

Transient students are those pursuing a degree elsewhere who attend Kilgore College for a long semester fall or spring , December Mini, May Mini or summer terms and intend to return to their previous college or university.

Students must be enrolled at their prior institution in the long semester fall or spring immediately preceding admission as a Kilgore College transient student.

Traditionally, transient students enroll while home for the winter or summer breaks or for a single long semester.

Previous transient students are required to reapply if they return as a transient student for a future term. Should a transient student decide to continue at Kilgore College immediately following the transient term, the student must reapply as a transfer student and meet all transfer admission requirements. When applying for admission, select the appropriate semester. December Mini students should use the spring admissions application.

May Mini students should select the summer admissions application. The applicant should select the Non Degree-Seeking Academic major option. Also indicate you are a transient-seeking a degree elsewhere on the application. We recommend you apply by the appropriate application priority date. Students must request an official transcript from the school which they currently attending be sent to Kilgore College.

Proof of other prerequisites may be required if the student has attended more than one college. All visiting students should consult their academic advisor at their home institution to ensure applicability of courses prior to KC registration. It is the responsibility of the transient student to request an official KC transcript be sent to their home institution: Transient students cannot use financial aid awarded at their home institution at Kilgore College.

A student who is returning to Kilgore College after an absence of at least 10 years may seek a fresh start by requesting approval to use the Second Chance Policy upon application for readmission. Under this policy, all Kilgore College coursework completed 10 or more years prior to readmission is eliminated from computation of the grade point average GPA.

None of the coursework can be used to meet degree or prerequisite requirements, though the work remains on the student's record. In addition, coursework cannot be used to satisfy Texas Success Initiative requirements. Further, no credit will be given for transfer coursework earned 10 or more years ago.

A student readmitted under this policy is placed on academic probation. The student must seek application of this policy when applying to return to KC. The policy must be used on or before the last day of the semester or term in which the student returns to school. Financial aid and veterans benefits may be affected by this policy. Acceptability of this policy by other colleges is solely at the discretion of the receiving institution.

Additional information about this policy is available from the Office of Admissions and Registrar. Students who exhibit exceptional academic ability may apply for admission to KC and take college courses while completing high school according to the following policy. All students who enroll in classes at KC prior to high school graduation are considered dual credit students.

Students who do not meet the Freshman or Transfer admissions guidelines, may be admitted conditionally on an individual approval basis at the discretion of the Office of Admissions and Registrar. This category includes students who have not graduated from high school or earned a Certificate of High School Equivalency or whose high school credential is not recognized by the Office of Admissions and Registrar.

Students admitted as Individual Approval must provide evidence of successful completion of the Certificate of High School Equivalency or graduation from a recognized high school during the first semester of enrollment, or future enrollment will be blocked. Federal regulations state that students admitted with this status must successfully complete one of the following requirements in order to be eligible for Title IV financial aid consideration:.

A non-immigrant alien students seeking F-1 Visa category are managed by the Office of Admissions and Registrar. Students must submit and meet the following criteria:. Applications submitted after the respective international admissions priority date will not be guaranteed acceptance for that semester. Health science programs have additional entrance requirements and recommend early application. Admission to the college in no way implies or guarantees entrance to the professional health science programs.

Prior to making application to any professional health science program, the student should contact the health science counselor at the Counseling Center, located in the Devall Student Center at or at www. Entrance procedures are designed to ensure fairness to each applicant. To ensure orderly and timely progress toward acceptance, progression, and completion of the desired health science program, the student is responsible for seeking advice, for knowing and meeting requirements of the health science program of interest, for enrolling in courses appropriate to that program, and for taking courses in the proper sequence.

An applicant must show evidence of good physical and mental health. If accepted into a health science program, the student must submit a medical record and certification of immunizations for measles, mumps, and rubella MMR , tetanus, and, in most cases, Hepatitis B. Updated immunizations are an integral part of health care and provide protection against these communicable diseases. The Office of Admissions and Registrar may grant a student permission to audit a course for special reasons.

Courses involving computers, equipment, labs, clinicals, etc. Such permission gives the student only the privilege of observing and does not include submitting papers or taking tests. A student desiring to audit a course fills out an application for admission, submits official transcripts, completes an audit request form, and registers in the Office of Admissions and Registrar only after regular registration and on a space-available basis.

Audit students are required to meet the same admissions requirements as all other students, with the exception of placement testing. Tuition and fees for auditing are the same as those fees charged for enrolling in a course for credit. The college will not refund tuition and fees paid to audit a course. The college highly recommends that each student take precautionary measures by keeping inoculations current.

According to the Texas Department of Health, those born in or later may not have been properly immunized. The single dose measles immunization that many received was inadequate. The classroom setting increases the chance of exposure. If a student was born after January 2, , the student should see his or her physician or visit a public health clinic for proper immunization against measles two doses of measles vaccine administered on or after the first birthday and at least 30 days apart , rubella one dose of rubella vaccine on or after the first birthday , and mumps one dose of mumps vaccine on or after the first birthday.

The tetanus vaccine is effective for about ten years and should be boosted at ten-year intervals in combination with the diphtheria vaccine.

It is common for older adults to develop tetanus because many have not received booster shots. Bacterial Meningitis is a serious, potentially deadly disease that can progress extremely fast - so take utmost caution. It is an inflammation of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord. The bacteria that cause meningitis can also infect the blood. This disease strikes about 3, Americans each year, including on college campuses, leading to deaths among college students every year.

There is a treatment, but those who survive may develop severe health problems or disabilities. All entering students under 22 years of age must provide documentation of receiving an initial bacterial meningitis vaccination dose or booster within the last 5 years. All new, transfer, or former students who are returning must show proof of having the vaccination at least 10 days prior to the start of the semester.

Students may not register until documentation of vaccination is on file. Proof of the bacterial meningitis vaccination must be provided to the Office of Admissions and Registrar provide copies, not originals. Kilgore College will not return vaccination records submitted nor provide copies for use at other schools.

Records may be mailed, faxed, or delivered in person. Students age 22 and older are exempt. A student is not required to submit evidence of receiving the vaccination against bacterial meningitis if the student, or a parent or guardian of a student, submits to the institution an affidavit or a certificate signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, in which it is stated that, in the physician's opinion, the vaccination required would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student.

The only means by which a student can object to vaccination for enrollment purposes is to use the Texas Department of State Health Services' current, official form for conscientious objection. Complete the online form at https: After entering all the requested information, print the form, sign it, date it and submit the form to the Office of Admissions and Registrar before registering for courses.

The Texas Success Initiative TSI requires that all students entering a public college or university for the first time be tested in the areas of reading, writing and math before registering for any college-level classes unless exempt. Students are encouraged to test as early as possible. The waiver must be removed after the student attempts 15 credit hours of developmental ESOL coursework or prior to enrolling in entry-level freshman coursework, whichever comes first, at which time the student would be administered the TSI Assessment.

A student who transfers college-level courses from a regionally accredited private or out-of-state institution may use transferred courses that are equivalent to the following to satisfy the success initiative in the given area.

Students must have earned a "C" or better in each course for exemption in each respective area:. These students will be exempt from the requirements of the success initiative under the following conditions:. A student who is enrolled in a private or out-of-state institution of higher education and is attending Kilgore College on a temporary basis is not required to take a test for TSI purposes. All international students who are non-native speakers will be assessed with TSI Assessment. The waiver must be removed prior to the student attempting 15 credit hours of developmental ESOL coursework or attempting entry-level freshman coursework, whichever comes first.

Students who have not completed the Texas Success Initiative must see an advisor each semester prior to registration. The advisor will monitor their progress toward completing required developmental coursework and will assist each one with course scheduling.

This plan will be monitored for compliance with state requirements by the Language Development and Mathematics department chairs in conjunction with the Counseling Center and will be updated accordingly. Payment of tuition and fees entitles the student to admission to classes, copies of transcripts, a subscription to the college newspaper, use of the Student Center facilities, campus health services, and the use of the recreational facilities for students taking eight hours or more.

The college reserves the right to change tuition and fees in keeping with the acts of the Texas Legislature and the KC Board of Trustees. Registration is not completed until payment of tuition and fees is made. A student may make full payment in person by cash, check or money order payable to Kilgore College. Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card payments are acceptable upon presentation of the credit card.

The student must provide positive identification for any payment to the college. The college will accept checks for the amount of transaction only. Two-party checks, payroll checks, or postdated checks are not acceptable. Full payments are also available by check or credit card on the Kilgore College website at www.

Installment payments are available via the Kilgore College website only. Payment options, including Installment Plans, are available on the Kilgore College website. A credit card or bank account number is required for payments made via the web. Excessive returned checks will result in suspension of check writing privileges. All monetary holds on student accounts must be paid by cash, money order, or credit card. Texas Education Code Section Guidelines for determining in-district and out-of-district classification are based on the Kilgore College Tax District and policies of the Kilgore College Board of Trustees, and are detailed below.

Tuition is based on residency status and the number of semester hours in which a student enrolls. The following define the types of residency status:. The college will require the student to sign an oath of residency as part of the admission process. It is the student's responsibility to use the proper residence classification.

If there is any question as to right of classification as a resident of Texas or the Kilgore College District, it is the student's obligation, prior to or at the time of registration, to raise the question with the Office of Admissions and Registrar. The student should report any change in residency status to the Office of Admissions and Registrar before registration. Likewise, a student classified as a non-resident will remain in that status until such time as the student has requested reclassification and the Office of Admissions and Registrar has officially approved the request.

Reclassification requests must be initiated by the student. Residency status changes are not made automatically. For reclassification to be effective for a specific semester, the request for reclassification and any documentation must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Registrar on or before the official reporting date ORD of the semester.

The student should direct all questions concerning residency status to the Office of Admissions and Registrar, located in the Devall Student Center. Classification as a Texas resident requires that the student substantiate residence in Texas for the immediate twelve months preceding registration. Factors other than time in the state may affect residency classification. For example, the legal home address of a student who is dependent for income tax purposes is considered to be the address of the parent s claiming the student.

Also, students who come to Texas for the purpose of education are ineligible to claim Texas residency for tuition purposes as long as they remain in school. A complete evaluation of individual circumstances is provided at the time of application for admission. Additional information is available from the Office of Admissions and Registrar In addition to the core residency questionnaire, documents acceptable for this purpose may include, but are not limited to, an official Texas high school transcript, the employer's statement of date of employment, lease agreement, a permanent Texas driver's license at least one year old , and a Texas voter registration.

All Texas residents are classified as out-of-district until sufficient information is on file to verify in-district residency. Students who are independent for income tax purposes must establish their own residence in the district. Students who are under age 24 must provide proof of independence. Documents acceptable for verifying in-district residency may include, but are not limited to, a permanent Texas driver's license, a property tax receipt, a lease agreement, and a utility bill.

The KC Board of Trustees has waived the difference between out-of-district resident rates and in-district rates for a person and his or her dependents who own residential real estate in the Kilgore College District.

Additional information for required documentation is available from the Office of Admissions and Registrar Fees are subject to change. Chart does not include certain special course fees.

In order to receive a refund of tuition and fees, a student must officially drop or withdraw through the Office of Admissions and Registrar. The college will refund tuition and fees for courses dropped or for withdrawal from school within the timetable published in the online Registration Guide. Refunds will be issued in the same semester as the withdrawal. A matriculation fee will be charged for students who enroll in courses and then completely withdraw from those courses for a particular semester.

The college will not issue a refund to a student who does not have a clear financial record with the college. Class day is defined as the day the semester or session is designated to begin and each school day thereafter. The above timetable applies to all refunds, including refunds to early-registered students who withdraw before classes start. No refunds will be made earlier than this schedule. The deposit is separate from the fees for room and board.

The refund policy for the deposit may be found in the student handbook. Additional information may be obtained from the Office of Residential Life located in the Devall Student Center or you may reach us at Those students involved in certain programs or athletic teams that require early arrival in the fall semester will have an extended meal plan at a higher rate.

For information on these extended plans, please contact the Office of Residential Life at Fees are subject to change based on increased services made available to residents. Housing fees include room rent, meal plan, and mailbox rental fee.

All residents must purchase the meal plan and the mail box rental. Private rooms are based on availability with priority given to sophomore residents. Room and board fees for summer housing will be announced prior to the end of the spring semester. Please refer to the Student Handbook for the refund policy for housing. Full payment in person by cash, check or money order payable to Kilgore College.

Kilgore College has partnered with Herring Bank to bring our students the convenience of online payments and flexible payment plans. Installment payment plans are available through College Green Payment Plans. Payment plans must be set-up online with Visa, MasterCard, Discover credit cards or a checking account.

Prior to registration, the student must meet the appropriate admissions requirements explained in the section "Admissions". Students must also resolve any holds that block registration. Registration for classes is necessary for every semester of attendance at KC. Official days of advisement and registration periods are specified in the "Official College Calendar". Consult the KC website for classes offered and registration information. Registration is complete when the student receives a validated receipt from the Business Office.

Students are required to verify the accuracy of all personal data in registration materials. The college assumes no responsibility for students' credits when students use different names or variations of names during registration. Kilgore College provides web registration to eligible students via the myKC web portal.

See the online Registration Guide for eligibility requirements and web registration details. Students enrolling for the first time, students on academic probation, students with any type of hold, dual credit students, and students with developmental requirements may not web register.

Transfer students who have no developmental requirements may web register. Certain academic programs may require face-to-face registration. Current, returning, and new students are encouraged to register for classes as early as possible.

See the online Registration Guide for details. Registration for Continuing Education. This section contains information about the general academic policies of the college. Students should review this information carefully when they enroll for courses at KC. It is the responsibility of students and faculty to help maintain scholastic integrity at the college by refusing to participate in or tolerate scholastic dishonesty.

Plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty undermine the very purpose of the college and diminish the value of an education. In compliance with FERPA, the college may release to the general public the following types of directory information without the written consent of the student: Name, address, telephone listings 2.

Date, place of birth 3. Major field of study 6. Dates of attendance, awards received, degrees earned 7. Most recent previous educational institution attended 8. Weight and height of members of athletic teams 9. Participation in officially recognized activities and sports Photographs and other electronic images including audio and video.

By making a written request to the Office of Admissions and Registrar, the student may request that this information be withheld from the public. Students have the right to file a complaint with the U. Complaints should be addressed to:. Family Policy Compliance Office U. As of January 3, , the U. Department of Education's FERPA regulations expand the circumstances under which your education records and personally identifiable information PII contained in such records - including your Social Security Number, grades, or other private information - may be accessed without your consent.

Comptroller General, the U. Attorney General, the U. Secretary of Education, or state and local education authorities "Federal and State Authorities" may allow access to your records and PII without your consent to any third party designated by a Federal or State Authority to evaluate a federal- or state-supported education program. The evaluation may relate to any program that is "principally engaged in the provision of education," such as early childhood education and job training, as well as any program that is administered by an education agency or institution.

Second, Federal and State Authorities may allow access to your education records and PII without your consent to researchers performing certain types of studies, in certain cases even when we object to or do not request such research. Federal and State Authorities must obtain certain use-restriction and data security promises from the entities that they authorize to receive your PII, but the Authorities need not maintain direct control over such entities. In addition, in connection with Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems, State Authorities may collect, compile, permanently retain, and share without your consent PII from your education records, and they may track your participation in education and other programs by linking such PII to other personal information about you that they obtain from other Federal or State data sources, including workforce development, unemployment insurance, child welfare, juvenile justice, military service, and migrant student records systems.

This office will not honor a transcript request without the student's signature unless the transcript is being sent to another college for educational purposes. During peak periods such as during commencement and registration, the student should make transcript requests three weeks in advance. Receiving institutions require official transcripts from each institution a student has attended, even though transfer work may be posted to the KC transcript for reference.

The student must clear all financial and other obligations to the college before the college will release the transcript. Each Kilgore College student enrolled in credit courses beyond the official reporting date of any semester or term establishes a permanent record.

A student's permanent record may include personal and academic information. Student permanent records are housed in the central computer system and in other permanent storage. The central computer system staff is responsible for the technological maintenance of permanent records, and the Office of Admissions and Registrar staff is responsible for updates to student permanent records. A transcript copy of the permanent record may be obtained from the Office of Admissions and Registrar at no charge.

After a semester begins and under certain circumstances, a formerly enrolled student may be reinstated in their semester courses if the student was dropped in error or for not meeting expected deadlines or policies.

Reinstatement is not automatic, and a student seeking reinstatement should visit the Office of Admissions and Registrar to request reinstatement. A Petition for Reinstatement form and applicable supporting documentation will be required. Penalties and fees may apply. The student's classification is based on cumulative hours passed not counting hours currently enrolled.

A student is classified as follows:. This policy applies only to those students who have federal student loans and is only for enrollment certification for student loan requirement.

The policy does not apply to any other federal or state grant program at KC. Course credit is based on the semester hour unit. A typical lecture course that meets three times each week during a long semester carries three semester hours of credit while a course that meets more hours during the week or has an assigned laboratory may carry four or more hours of credit.

The second digit in the course number indicates the number of semester hours that a student is granted for successfully completing that course.

Transfer of credit from another college or university to KC involves consideration of accreditation, comparability of course work, and applicability of that course work to a KC degree program. Transfer work for students who already have a college degree, or for those not seeking a degree, may not be evaluated. The college will receive transfer credit from another college or university according to the following guidelines:. Credit for courses in which a passing grade "D" or better has been earned may be transferred to KC from colleges and universities accredited through recognized regional accrediting associations.

It is not the policy of the college to transfer credits from any institution not so accredited without documentation that the coursework adequately addresses the student learning outcomes of the comparable KC course and that the instructor meets SACSCOC qualifications for teaching the applicable course s. The college will consider course work completed at colleges and universities outside the U.

Kilgore College students completing courses as a transient student at another institution should provide official transcripts immediately upon completion of the course. Upon receipt of the official transcript s , the Office of Admissions and Registrar will complete a course-by-course evaluation as needed no later than the end of the first academic term in which the student is enrolled.

Students may view transfer coursework posted to their KC transcript in myKC. If an official transcript s is not received as stated above, the student will not be allowed to enroll in additional semesters until the information is provided.

Transferred coursework may be posted to a KC student transcript for reference, but transfer grades are not included in the KC grade point average calculation. Kilgore College accepts credit earned at other institutions by advanced placement examinations or through experiential learning under the same conditions as credit earned by traditional course work.

Transfer of credit from KC to other colleges and universities is usually accomplished without difficulty.

It is the responsibility of the student, however, to determine prior to registration if the courses will transfer. Transfer of specific courses normally depends upon the applicability of the completed work toward a degree plan specified by the receiving college or university. Therefore, the student should plan any KC program of study to parallel, as nearly as possible, the requirements of the program at the college or university to which the student plans to transfer.

A library of catalogs of most colleges and universities to which students might want to transfer is available in the counseling center.

The counseling center maintains course articulation on conversion charts for many Texas institutions of higher learning. These cross-reference charts enable the students to determine the course equivalent at the college or university to which they plan to transfer. Counseling assistance is available to students who want more information about transferring to another college or university. Senior institutions treat transfer grades in various ways.

While the grade "C" is usually considered minimal for transfer, the specific average required varies with the admissions policy established by the receiving institution. Some colleges and universities accept "D" grades if the student's overall grade average is "C" or better. Certain institutions require that the student repeat any course in which the student earned a "D" grade; some receive the "I" as an "F" grade. If any student completes the KC Core Curriculum, any Texas college or university is required to accept it in total.

If such courses are rejected by the college or the university, KC offers the student tuition-free alternative courses which are acceptable to the college or university. Special conditions that apply to the guarantee are as follows:. Courses must be identified by the receiving university as transferable and applicable in Kilgore College Articulation Guides dated or later.

There was an error trying to load your rating for this title.